Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Kachow!

Today I was reminded of the talents of many kids with autism.  It is really such a blessing to watch him grow.  I know Drew has an amazing memory, but today I really saw some of what he is capable of.

Drew has an obsession with the Cars movie, as do many little boys.  He lined up a bunch of his cars in a semi-circle in the kitchen floor and had one of his Lightening McQueen Cars in the middle.  He caught me off guard becuase out of no-where, he started saying NONONO YESYESYES, I am Lightening McQueen, and on and on.  There were a lot of words that I didn't understand, but all of the pitches and tones were almost perfect.  He was reenacting the WHOLE scene from the Cars movie where lightening gets in front of the rusty cars and talks about Rusteeze.  

It is just amazing because he can't hold a conversation with you, but he can repeat a whole scene from a movie.

No comments:

 
Copyright 2008 and beyond Daisy Layne Boutique